Aerolite Insulation is manufactured in 5 different sizes for all climatic conditions in South Africa. In fact Think Pink Aerolite is a fibreglass Roof Insulation product and has been on the market for many years. In fact with a proven track record.Aerolite often still called Think Pink Aerolite. For more info on this product read our AEROLITE PAGE on All the benefits of this product.
Facts About Aerolite Insulation
- Lightweight aerolite ceiling Insulation 100mm/115mm/135mm thick installed onto the ceiling to meet SANS 10400-XA and SANS 204 requirements as a Ceiling Insulation for South Africa.
- This Insulation is Non-combustible – tested in accordance with SANS 10177:5
- Class A/1 fire rating Aerolite Insulation will not burn
- This Insulation Improves the thermal performance of ceilings to achieve SANS 10400-XA and SANS 204 requirements
- Retrofitting this insulation in existing ceiling is very beneficial
- Improves indoor acoustic comfort
- Lightweight, easy to install and maintenance free
- CFC/HCFC free and zero ozone depleting potential (ODP)
- Will not breed or promote fungi or bacteria
- Helps with reduction of condensation in the home by creating a more stable temperature
Aerolite Insulation can be used by the DIY home installer . However most home owners will use professional Roof Insulation Contractor Installer. We at Roof Insulation Cape Town will help and guide the DIY home Insulation installer. So that he can achieve a satisfactory result.
We are always a phone call away for any technical information that you may need. With more that 29 years experience in the Roof Insulation as well as Ceiling Insulation products. We have experience to help you in almost any Roof Insulation dilemma. An advantage of Think Pink Aerolite Ceiling Insulation is a great Thermal Insulation properties and is also used as an Acoustic Insulation because of the good Acoustic properties.
Aerolite Insulation has a life span of between 25 to 50 years so it will outlast the life of most homes. Roof Insulation Cape town Install Aerolite Insulation throughout the entire Western Cape region as well as Johannesburg and Pretoria and Kzn for a free quote in any of these areas please contact us. Go to this page to read more on the Aerolite benefits.
Aerolite Insulation Technical specifications
|THINK PINK AEROLITE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS|
|R-value||R-value including Roof & Ceiling||NRC Value||K VALUE W/m.K||ZONES|
|50||10 000||1 200||1.25||1.65||.80||0.40||Top UP|
|75||8 000||1 200||1.88||2.28||.0.95||0.40||Top UP|
|100||8 000||1 200||2.5||2.9||1.0||0.40||3 &5|
|115||5 000||1 200||2.88||3.28||1.05||0.40||2|
|135||5 000||1 200||3.38||3.75||1.10||0.40||1 & 4 & 6|
Recommended for homes schools, church buildings, office blocks and shopping centres. Aerolite insulation has great thermal insulation properties and is excellent as a sound and acoustic insulation. Go to our Technical specifications page for more info on this product.
Aerolite Insulation is Eco friendly
Aerolite Insulation is Eco friendly as the insulation is manufactured from 80% recycled glass bottles and 20% from naturally occuring silica sand. In fact Aerolite Insulation is compressed packed to increase volume loading potential. This will reduce transportation cost lowering carbon footprint on transportation. Also Aerolite insulation has a 25 to 30 year lifespan so there is no need to renew the insulation over short periods of time. The fact that Aerolite will save energy and keep homes cooler in summer and warmer in winter will give life long energy saving benefits.
How Aerolite Insulation Works
Aerolite insulation acts as a barrier between the outside temperature and the inside temperature. For the best benefit the thicker the ceiling insulation the better the insulation performance. The Cape Town region and the Western Cape must install the 135mm Aerolite Insulation as this is SANS compliant for this region.
The Aerolite Insulation is laid flat on the ceiling space. The insulation must not be laid over the beams as this creates air pockets for the heat to be trapped in. When the insulation is laid directly on the ceiling and the roof space is covered need to end with no gaps yo will feel a big difference in temperature vin the home.
This will apply to both summer and winter. Reducing the heat flow from the roof space into the home in summer will reduce temperature by as much as 5 to 8 Degrees C. In winter the Aerolite insulation will reduce all energy loss in the home via the ceiling. As we know all warm air rises an will be lost to the cold ceiling space.
Aerolite Insulation Summer Benefit
The Aerolite Insulation will reduce the heat flow into the home through the ceiling space on very hot summer days. In fact the ceiling can reach temperatures in excess of 55 degrees c. This can only be explained as underfloor heating but above your head. Having Aerolite installed on your ceiling will reduce this heat flow into your home by as much as 90%. This will Make the home cooler by as much as 5 to 8 degrees C.
Aerolite Insulation Winter Benefit
In winter the roof space is the coldest part of the home. As the roof space is not sealed in South Africa because of our extreme heat in summer. The cold ceiling absorbs all the heat generated in the home as the warm air rises. This warm air is swiftly lost through the ceiling into the roof space. Installing Aerolite Insulation will reduce this heat flow loss giving a much warmer home. This will result in energy saving and loads of home comfort in summer and winter.
Benefits Of Aerolite Insulation
- Aerolite Insulation is regarded as one of the best energy saving ceiling insulation products in the world for many years.
- In fact Aerolite Thermal Insulation has been on the market in South Arica for more that 60 years.
- Aerolite Thermal Insulation has a expected lifespan of 25 to 30 years.
- In fact Aerolite Insulation is manufactured in South Africa
- Aerolite 135mm Insulation also has great thermal and acoustic values.
- The 135mm Aerolite achieves the R value 3.70 when installed.
- The Aerolite has a NRC of 1.1 so this product is great for sound proofing.