Aerolite Insulation is manufactured in 5 different sizes for all climatic conditions in South Africa. In fact, Think Pink Aerolite is a fiberglass Roof Insulation product and has been on the market for many years. In fact with a proven track record.Aerolite often still called Think Pink Aerolite. For more info on this product read our AEROLITE PAGE on All the benefits of this product.
In fact, Aerolite Thermal Insulation might be itchy to handle because this Roof Insulation is glass-fiber. However, realistically this Roof Insulation is one of the safest Roof Insulation products on the market.
In Europe and the UK, all Roof Insulation products must have a class A/1 fire rating. This means the Ceiling Insulation will not burn. In fact, do the Aerolite Test. This insulation will not burn even with a blowtorch flame. So don't let your home go up in flames. Install Roof Insulation that has the highest R-value in the country.
Facts About Aerolite Insulation
- Lightweight aerolite ceiling Insulation 100mm/115mm/135mm thick installed onto the ceiling to meet SANS 10400-XA and SANS 204 requirements as a Ceiling Insulation for South Africa.
- This Insulation is Non-combustible – tested in accordance with SANS 10177:5
- Class A/1 fire rating this Insulation will not burn
- This Insulation Improves the thermal performance of ceilings to achieve SANS 10400-XA and SANS 204 requirements
- Retrofitting this insulation in existing ceiling is very beneficial
- Improves indoor acoustic comfort
- Lightweight, easy to install and maintenance free
- CFC/HCFC free and zero ozone depleting potential (ODP)
- Will not breed or promote fungi or bacteria
- Helps with reduction of condensation in the home by creating a more stable temperature
Aerolite can be used by the DIY home installer. However, most homeowners will use professional Roof Insulation Contractor Installer. We at Roof Insulation Cape Town will help and guide the DIY home Insulation installer. So that he can achieve a satisfactory result. The 135mm Insulation is SANS compliant for the Western Cape Region We are always a phone call away for any technical information that you may need. With more than 29 years experience in the Roof Insulation as well as Ceiling Insulation products. We have the experience to help you in almost any Roof Insulation dilemma. An advantage of Think Pink Aerolite Ceiling Insulation is a great Aerolite thermal insulation and is also used as an Acoustic Insulation because of the good Acoustic properties. Aerolite has a lifespan of between 25 to 50 years so it will outlast the life of most homes. Roof Insulation Cape town Install Aerolite Insulation throughout the entire Western Cape region as well as Johannesburg and Pretoria and KZN for a free quote in any of these areas please contact us. Go to this page to read more about this Insulation Benefits.
Aerolite Insulation Technical specifications
|THINK PINK AEROLITE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS|
|Thickness||Roll Length||Roll Width||R-value||R-value including Roof & Ceiling||NRC Value||K VALUE W/m.K||ZONES|
|50||10 000||1 200||1.25||1.65||.80||0.40||Top UP|
|75||8 000||1 200||1.88||2.28||.0.95||0.40||Top UP|
|100||8 000||1 200||2.5||2.9||1.0||0.40||3 &5|
|115||5 000||1 200||2.88||3.28||1.05||0.40||2|
|135||5 000||1 200||3.38||3.75||1.10||0.40||1 & 4 & 6|
Recommended for homes schools, church buildings, office blocks and shopping centres. Aerolite has great thermal insulation properties and is excellent as a sound and acoustic insulation. Go to our Technical specifications page for more info on this product.
Aerolite Insulation is Eco-friendly
This Insulation is Eco-friendly as the insulation is manufactured from 80% recycled glass bottles and 20% from naturally occurring silica sand. In fact, Aerolite is compressed packed to increase volume loading potential. This will reduce transportation cost lowering carbon footprint on transportation. Also, Aerolite insulation has a 25 to 30-year lifespan so there is no need to renew the insulation over short periods of time. The fact that Aerolite will save energy and keep homes cooler in summer and warmer in winter will give lifelong energy-saving benefits.
How Aerolite Insulation Works
Insulation acts as a barrier between the outside temperature and the inside temperature.
- For the best benefit the thicker the ceiling insulation the better the insulation performance.
- The Cape Town region and the Western Cape must install the 135mm Aerolite Insulation as this is SANS compliant for this region.
- All Aerolite is laid flat on the ceiling space.
- The insulation must not be laid over the beams as this creates air pockets for the heat to be trapped in.
- When the insulation is laid directly on the ceiling and the roof space is covered need to end with no gaps you will feel a big difference in temperature in the home.
- This will apply to both summer and winter.
- Reducing the heat flow from the roof space into the home in summer will reduce temperature by as much as 5 to 8 Degrees C.
- In winter the insulation will reduce all energy loss in the home via the ceiling.
- As we know all warm air rises and will be lost to the cold ceiling space.
Aerolite Insulation Summer Benefit
This Roof Insulation will reduce the heat flow into the home through the ceiling space on very hot summer days. In fact, the ceiling can reach temperatures in excess of 55 degrees c. This can only be explained as underfloor heating but above your head. Having Aerolite installed on your ceiling will reduce this heat flow into your home by as much as 90%. This will Make the home cooler by as much as 5 to 8 degrees C.
Aerolite Insulation Winter Benefit
- The Aerolite winter benefits are great.
- Aerolite Thermal Insulation will reduce the heat flow out of the home on a cold winters day.
- As we know heat rises and a cold ceiling will absorb all heat in the home.
- Homes insulated with Aerolite Insulation will reduce this heat loss by as much as 90% through the ceiling into the roof space.
- This, in fact, will reduce the need for excessive heating making the home much warmer.
- Saving energy and giving a more comfortable home.
Aerolite Insulation Sound Proofing Benefits
The Aerolite Insulation has great acoustic properties. In fact, the 135mm Aerolite has an NRC 1.1. In fact, we install the Aerolite in Night Clubs and pups to reduce the impact of noise pollution. This Insulation is ideal for homes on busy streets to reduce the effect of traffic noise.
Benefits Of Aerolite Insulation
- Aerolite is regarded as one of the best energy saving ceiling insulation products in the world for many years.
- In fact, Aerolite Thermal Insulation has been on the market in South Arica for more than 60 years.
- Aerolite Thermal Insulation has an expected lifespan of 25 to 30 years.
- In fact, Aerolite Insulation is manufactured in South Africa
- Aerolite 135mm Insulation also has great thermal and acoustic values.
- The 135mm Aerolite achieves the R value 3.70 when installed.
- The Aerolite has a NRC of 1.1 so this product is great for sound proofing.