As the cold winter creeps upon us, we suddenly realise that our homes are becoming very cold. We start looking at energy-saving measures and ways to make our home warmer in winter without using large amounts of energy. As a result of energy shortages in South Africa, all homes must now be insulated with the correct thickness insulation for the specific region you live in. As a result, the thought of Aerolite Roof Insulation ends up being a reality.
We have seen and read in the media certain parts of South Africa. Including Gauteng and Cape Town have already been running out of energy. Shop owners have lost millions in Gauteng already. This legislation does not affect existing homes and buildings.
However, it will probably soon be legislated that you have to have a compliance certificate for your insulation when you sell your home. This would mean that homes with insulation under the correct Rvalues will have to have to top up insulation installed to be compliant.
With the new SANS legislation, the Western Cape Region falls into a category where we need a minimum R-value of 3.70 installed in roofs and ceilings.
Aerolite Roof Insulation Western Cape Pty Ltd have taken the option of using one of the best insulation products available, in our opinion.
Facts about Aerolite Roof Insulation
Homes with the old 50mm Aerolite insulation were installed in their roofs 25 years ago. We are now doing a 100mm top-up of Aerolite Insulation to make their homes SANS compliant.
- The Class A/1 Fire Rating means Aerolite insulation does not burn.
- No associated health risks know with Aerolite insulation.
- Aerolite and eco-friendly thermal insulation for roofs
- The insulation does not contain any form of asbestos as the insulation is made from 80% recycled glass and naturally occurring silica sand.
- Aerolite Ceiling insulation is also very effective as acoustic insulation, especially in homes with metal roofs.
- Think Pink Aerolite insulation has a massive impact controlling the effects of the summer heat. You are keeping your home cool.
- Aerolite insulation will control the temperature in your home. You prevent the warm air in your home from being lost to the cold roof space via the ceiling.
- Aerolite Insulation will pay for itself in about 2 or 3 years just from your energy savings.
- Roof Insulation is Professional Roof Insulation Installers.