A revolutionary, new, formaldehyde-free binder technology, based on rapidly renewable materials as an alternative to Petro-based chemicals. As a result delivering superior environmental sustainability by reducing embodied energy.
Developed for mineral wool insulation, however, ECOSE Technology allows the same benefits for alternative products that depend on resin substitution, such as wood-based panels, abrasives, and friction materials.
Knauf ECOSE Technology Advantages
- Knauf Ecose Insulation is manufactured from naturally occurring and/or recycled recyclables and bonded employing a bio-based technology exempt from formaldehyde, phenols, acrylics, and no artificial colours bleach, or dyes.
- By reducing the impact on the environment by decreasing the embodied energy.
- Reduces pollutant manufacturing emissions and workplace exposures.
- Thereby enhancing the overall sustainability of the structures that they incorporate.
- High insulation efficiency for optimum thermal comfort.
- Non-combustibility for enhanced safety.
- Awesome acoustic benefits and soundproofing.
- Highly sustainable due to high recycled and/or renewable content, recyclable at the end of the insulation lifespan.