Roof Insulation SA
Roof Insulation South Africa has been in the domestic insulation industry for more than 30 years. Over the years we have accumulated a wealth of experience in all forms of Home Insulation applications.
In fact, many of our opposition will send you to us if there is a difficult installation that they feel cant be done. We are based in Cape Town with factories in Paarl as well Somerset West and Parrow Industria.
We service the entire Western Cape region including the Karoo as well as Hermanus and the West Coast. We stock a wide variety of Ceiling Insulation types. In fact, we are not restricted to one Roofing Insulation product so you can be sure to get an unbiased opinion when looking for insulation products for your roof space.
If your Home is HOT in SUMMER and COLD in Winter we can help.
More than 30 years in the Roof Insulation industry.
Pitched roof insulation average installation time from 2-3 hours.
Flat Roofs, no sweat we bring our Roofing Team.
DIY Buy Direct and save.
Telephonic support to help DIY installer. Visit our Price List Page
What is Roof Insulation
Basically, Roof Insulation is exactly what the word says. In fact, there are many types of Roofing Insulation types in South Africa and the rest of the world. The fact of the matter is that not all Roofing Insulation products are equal. We have selected only the products that have the best Insulation Properties.
Roofing Insulation is an Insulation that is installed in the roof space to reduce the impact of the summer heat as well as the winter chill. In fact, good quality Roof Insulation will improve temperatures in the home by as much as 4-8 deg C. This means that homes insulation with the correct Roofing Insulation will save energy on heating and cooling.
What are the properties that one would need when insulating your home? Let's have a look at these below
- Firstly the Insulation installed in your roof space must be SANS compliant.
- What this means is that the insulation conforms to the legislation as specified by the SANS legislation.
- This includes the correct R-value and Fire rating on all insulation products for homes.
- The insulation to be installed in the roof space must be SANS compliant for the region that you live in.
- As of January 2013, all new homes must have Roofing Insulation Installed that achieves a specific R-value for the region or province.
Installing Roofing Insulation
Installing Roofing Insulation correctly is one of the most import aspects of the entire transaction. The fact is any Insulation not installed correctly is a waste of money as the benefits will be almost nil.
- Make sure if you are going to be paying a third party contractor that he knows what to do and how to install Roofing Insulation.
- Our Roofing Installers are trained for weeks before we let them into a clients roof.
- Firstly all insulation must be laid flat on the ceiling. This is to reduce the heat flow in the roof space entering the home.
- Secondly, there must be no gaps in the insulation. The insulation must also be installed end to end. In other words, dot cut short of the outside walls.
- Never have the Insulation laid over the beams. This, in fact, can and will make the home hotter in summer and cooler in winter. The reason for this is that the heat pressure that builds up in the roof space will get trapped under the gaps below the roof battens.
- NB... VERY IMPORTANT never cover the downlights with insulation. This is a fire danger and you could have your house burn down. All downlights must have the appropriate air gap cut around the lights for the lights to breathe.
- All roof extractor fans in toilets and bathrooms must have breathing holes around them as well.
With all the hazards in the roof space, it is far better to have qualified well-trained installers from a reputable company that has adequate insurance if there is an accident.
Benefits of Installing Insulation
There are many benefits to installing Ceiling Insulation. Insulation for roofs and walls has been compulsory in most first world countries for many years. In fact, one of the key factors for this is Global Warming and Climate Change. The use of Airconditioners and heating is affecting our planet and this is why insulation is compulsory in many countries. A few years ago the Australian government installed Insulation in the roofs of thousands of homes. This was to reduce the load on the energy grid.
- Reduction in the heat entering the home by up to 90% via the roof space in summer.
- Improving winter temperature in the home in winter by restricting the warmth in the home getting lost to the roof space. Remembering that hot air rises.
- Therefore reducing the need for heating and cooling.
- Improve indoor temperature by up to 4-8 deg.
- In fact, it has been estimated that in homes using heating an cooling the cost of the insulation can be recovered in under 3 years.
- This, in fact, will then give years of free comfort and energy saving.
Roof Insulation Products
Roof Insulation SA only install the best Roofing Insulation Products on the market. In fact, all Insulation Products that we supply and install are SANS compliant. The Insulation Products installed by us are listed below. However, we do stock a huge variety of insulation products for other applications.
AEROLITE THERMAL INSULATION
This is a glass wool insulation product for roofs. Aerolite is one of the oldest and most respected Roofing Insulation Products on the market. Aerolite Thermal Insulation has been installed in homes for the last 90 years.
All our Aerolite Installers are well trained and are fully supervised.
In fact, because of the Aerolite fire rating and quality, this insulation is one of the few products that are allowed in hospitals and clinics.
The Aerolite Thermal Insulation is available in a number of thicknesses from 135/100/75/50mm thick. With a Class A/1, fire rating Aerolite will not burn. The 135mm Aerolite is Sans compliant for the Western Cape region.
- Reduce temperature in summer and improve temperature in winter.
- Save Energy.
- SABS approved
- SANS compliant.
- For all the Aerolite Specifications read this page.
ISOTHERM THERMAL INSULATION
This is a polyester type insulation product for roofs. In fact, Isotherm Thermal Insulation is regarded as one of the most eco-friendly insulation products available because it is manufactured from PET plastic bottles.
Pollution in the environment for up to 400 years. Isotherm has a BB 1/2 fire rating. This means the product will burn only if there is a flame in the roof that is making contact with the insulation. The Isotherm Thermal Insulation is installed in homes and office block.
The Isotherm Roofing insulation is dust free and allergy free. Isotherm is available in 145/135/100/75/50mm thick.
- Dust free and Allergy Free.
- Improve overall temperature in the home.
- Reduce the need for cooling and heating.
- SABS approved.
- SANS Compliant.
- Read more on Isotherm Specifications on this page.
Imported from Germany this Roofing Insulation also has a great fire rating A/1 this insulation will not burn.
- Ecose Earthwool is a natural brown Insulation Product.
- Manufactured from naturally occurring or recycled raw materials. In fact, this product is bonded using bio-based technology which is free from Phenol and Acrylics as well as any added Formaldehyde.
- Improves indoor temperatures by as much as 4-8 degrees. Improves overall sustainability in buildings when installed.
The Ecose Earthwool as with the Aerolite has the Class A/1 fire rating and is manufactured to the highest European standards as well as the ISO standards.
Services Offered By Roof Insulation SA
As Distributors of all types of insulation for many applications. We fabricate insulation components for special applications as well as installing of Roof Insulation Products in homes offices and hospitals etc.
Roof Insulation Installers
- Our Roofing Insulation Installers are all well trained.
- In fact, some of our installers have been with us for more than 10 years.
- We Install all types of Roll form insulation; however, we do not install Cellulose Fiber. We believe the wind factor in the Cape is a nightmare for this insulation and water leaks with paper end up in ceiling collapses with great cost implications.
- All our Insulation installers are aware of all the pitfalls in the roof space including down light hazards as well as water pipes and ceiling damage.
- All work undertaken by us is covered by comprehensive insurance. In fact, all our workmanship is guaranteed.
Installing Insulation in Factory Roofs
We install insulation in factory roofs. These applications are mostly as a retrofit as we will install the insulation with the roof in place. Our installers will run wires under the roof and feed the appropriate insulation under the roof supported by the wires.
Roof Vacuum and Cellulose Removal
Our vacuum machine is a massive vacuum machine that is specifically designed to remove Cellulose Insulation. However, we also use this vacuum machine for the removal of normal roof dust.
The machine stands outside of the home and the large pipe will be fed through the roof tiles to remove the unwanted insulation or dust.
Isoboard Ceiling Installers
We install Isoboard ceiling for garages and in the home. We install Isoboard ceilings because the product has a natural white finish and this is a very clean neat application with very little dust or disruption in the home.
- Isoboard ceiling panels are 600 wide.
- Tung and groove finish.
- Available in thickness from 30/40/50/75/
- Isoboard has a great R-value for roof sections that do not have space for Roof Insulation to be installed in the cavity space.
BEST INSULATION PRICES IN SA
- With branches in most major centers, you can be sure to get the best Roofing Insulation Prices in the country.
- We install SANS compliant insulation with the highest R-value for best results.
- All workmanship fully guaranteed.
- All work fully supervised from start to finish.
- Roofing Insulation reduces the internal temperature of the home by 4-8 DegC in Summer or Winter.
- A stable temperature is a more healthy situation.
- Insulation installed correctly will pay for itself in 2/3 years on energy saving alone.
- Fill in our Contact Form and ask about our specials.
- Visit our INSULATION PRICE LIST PAGE.