What can you expect from our Aerolite Insulation Installers when we install the Aerolite in your home? Roof Insulation Western Cape have been in the roof insulation industry for 30 years so we have a wealth of experience in all aspects of roof insulation.
- Well, trained Aerolite Insulation Installers
- Full supervision from start to end with all our Aerolite Installers. No work is left un supervised
- Comprehensive insurance for your peace of mind
- All wires in the roof space lifted above the Aerolite insulation wherever possible including alarm wires tv cables and electrical wires
- All our workmanship is guaranteed
- Payments options Credit Card or EFT or Cash
- Years of energy saving benefits and home comfort with Aerolite Insulation
- Aerolite lifespan 25 to 30 years
Top 10 Reasons to Install Aerolite Insulation
- Cool in Summer reducing the heat flow into the home on hot summer days.
- Warm in Winter reducing the heat in the home as heat rises the Aerolite will reduce the heat loss.
- Save Energy with Aerolite. Reducing heat loss and gain means less heating and cooling save you money.
- Great acoustic properties with a NRC 1.2 . This reduces noise pollution substantially.
- No associations and risks to one’s health after installation. In fact glass wool has been proven to be one of the safest insulation products on the market.
- Fire Rating A/1 the highest rating available. In fact Aerolite will not burn and cant burn.
- Does not attract vermin.
- Roof insulation reduces the risk of mould in freezing cold homes
- The lifespan of Aerolite Insulation is 20 to 30 years.
- Aerolite is not expensive at all when one compares the life long energy saving of the insulation.
Aerolite Thermal Insulation Summer Benefits
On hot summer days your roof space is like an oven. As the suns rays beat down on the roof the heat in the roof space increases. In fact when one opens the trap door of the home in summer there is always a continues gush of wind that blows out from the roof space into the home. This heat build up is pressure in the roof space that is now incredibly hot.
This heat is then reflected as radiant heat from the ceiling into the home. In fact this is like underfloor heating that one would utilise in winter at a very high cost. Now you have this in summer as the ceiling radiates the heat into your home.
Installing the correct thickness of Aerolite will reduce this heat flow gain by up to 90% from entering through the ceiling. The correct thickness of Aerolite Insulation in the Cape as well as Johannesburg and Pretoria is the 135mm Aerolite. The Thermal insulation 135 mm thick has the recommended R value 3.70. Thermal Insulation will reduce the temperature in your home between 4 and 8 degrees on a hot summer day.
In fact this will reduce the need for running expensive air conditioners to cool the home.A well insulated home by professional Aerolite Installers will give you years of energy saving. In fact the SANS compliant building regulations that was put into law in January 2013 was because the country needed to save energy.
Aerolite Thermal Insulation Winter Benefits
In winter our homes are freezing cold and it seems that nothing we do can stop the biting cold. Fear no more Aerolite Insulation installed in your ceiling will reduce the warm air in the home from rising and getting pulled through the now cold ceiling into the roof space. In fact Aerolite will reduce the heat loss through the roof by up to 90%
How it works is that as your home gains heat wether the heat is through the suns rays or cooking or a fire place. As we know all heat rises as this heat makes contact with the freezing cold ceiling the heat is lost and fills the roof space.
Insulation your home with Aerolite Thermal Insulation will reduce the energy loss. If a fire or some type of heating is used in the home this will most likely warm up the whole home. In doing so this will save you on energy for many tears to come.
Important Factors When Installing Aerolite
- The ceiling insulation must cover the entire roof and must be sealed between the beams
- Wherever possible be sure that all electrical wire be lifted above the ceiling Insulation even alarm wires tv cables etc
- Be sure to use the services of experienced Aerolite Insulation Installers to get the best result
- Aerolite insulation must never cover any down lights as this can be a fire hazard
- The Aerolite must cover over all internal walls this is very important
- Always install SANS compliant 135mm Aerolite insulation
How Aerolite Insulation Saves Energy
It has been proved that in homes using heating in winter and cooling in summer should be able to recover the cost of insulation in two to three years. This energy saving is as a direct result of the Aerolite insulations ability to reduce heat loss and gain in the home. Thereafter giving the home owner many years of energy saving.
In fact all industrial plants must have insulation covering boilers and furnaces. If they did not have this the energy loss incurred will not make them competitive in their market. The fact that Aerolite reduces the need for running Air-conditioners in summer as well as heating in winter makes this obvious.
Aerolite Insulation Great for Sound Proofing
Aerolite Insulation has a NRC of 1.2 on the 135mm Aerolite. In fact we use multiple layers of the 135mm Aerolite in night clubs and pubs to reduce the effect of noise pollution leaving there premises. In homes with wooden floors the Aerolite is fitted between the upper floor and the lower ceiling to reduce conversation noise as well as walking noises above.
Noise pollution is a big problem in areas as home owners buy their dream home only to realise they are surrounded by noisy neighbours or traffic noise. In many cases two layers of 135mm Aerolite will solve this problem. However if the home has leaking windows there are a few additional steps to take. Heavy curtains can help noise penetrating through the windows. However the double glazed windows are the best to use with the Aerolite.
Use Professional Aerolite Insulation Installers and Save Money
- Bulk buying of roof insulation products like Aerolite. Remember professional Roof insulation installers only install insulation this is what they know best. The professionals have well trained staff that are in roofs all day everyday.
- Down lights have to be handled a specific way or they could be a fire hazard. All down lights must have a breathing hole to let the heat escape.
- Copper water pipes are a real danger in the roof with unqualified Aerolite installers. This will cause major water damage in the home if unskilled workers brake one of these pipe. In fact copper pipe are very week.
- Ceiling damage is another big factor that can cost you a fortune to repair if a worker falls through.
- Professional roof insulation installers are mostly registered companies with comprehensive insurance if ever there is a problem. In fact Roof Insulation has been in the industry for more than 30 years and we have never submitted a claim yet.
What is The Cost of Aerolite Insulation
- There are a number of Aerolite Insulation products on the market. That vary in thickness and in length of the rolls. The cost of Aerolite is determined by this factor. Consumers can buy directly from Roof Insulation and will most certainly get the best price on the Aerolite Insulation.
- For a price list on the different Aerolite insulation products please visit our Aerolite Price list page.
- For the best possible Installers Aerolite price you are at the right place. Roof Insulation stock all type of roof and ceiling insulation products and our prices are unmatched.
- Dont under insulate your home rather use a thicker insulation so you can achieve years of comfort in a cooler home in summer and a warmer home in summer.
How Aerolite Ceiling Insulation is Fitted?
Aerolite ceiling insulation must always be fitted directly on the ceiling. In fact ceiling insulation must always be fitted directly on top of the ceiling between the beams. This is very important if you want to get the full benefit of your Aerolite Ceiling Insulation.
The ceiling insulation must never be laid over the beams as this will give you no benefit at all. And The reason for this is the fact that the air space between the roof will allow the heat that is pressure in the roof to get under the insulation. This in turn will make the home hotter.
So this is another reason why a professional installer should be used. They are aware of all these issues and are always supervised from start to finis. Install correctly and feel the benefits immediately.
Down Light Hazards
- Down lights can reach temperatures of 270 to 350 degrees. LED lights are far better as they use less energy and are low temperature.
- Why is there a danger you may ask does the Aerolite burn? The answer to this is a flat out no the Aerolite is non combustable and will not burn.
- Then What is the danger? Your roof is in danger of downlight burning the wooden beams or even loose dust and plastic underlay that has become old and is falling down. If any of these land on your down light that is so hot they will ignite.
- Another big factor is when these lights are fitted in some instances they are drilled into a wooden baton or directly under a beam.
- Now when insulation is fitted and the insulation is laid with out breathing holes. This has now become a fire hazard as the heat has no way of dissipating.
- This does not mean that you can cover LED down lights as the new owners of your home might one day decide to buy the cheaper 40 watt lights. This then has potential danger to the new owner.
FOR THIS REASON QUALIFIED AEROLITE INSULATION INSTALLERS SHOULD BE USED.
Why Is Roof Insulation Compulsory
Roof Insulation products have been made compulsory as of January 2013. The need for this legislation is because world wide energy consumption and the impact on the environment has been devastating.
However in South Africa we also had the looming problem of our government of the day potentially not being able to supply electricity. In fact the legislation came to late as a year later South Africans had load shedding as our Escom was not able to supply the required amounts of electricity to home owners as well as industry.
The effect of this has had devastating consequences to our economy. As many industrial food manufacturing plants all types of industry shopping centres restaurants were all effected. Many businesses had to close down because of loss of income and in doing so many more were added to the unemployment list.
Had this legislation come into effect 5 to 10 years before home owners would have been using less energy. This would have given us the time to play catch up. The correct Roof Insulation products save enormous amounts of energy in summer and winter. In fact if roof insulation wasn’t compulsory we as South African would have still been sitting with load shedding. The energy saving that came into effect as of January 2013 when the new legislation came into effect has been a great he;p. As all new homes are SANS compliant and must achieve specific R values for their region.
Aerolite Insulation Installers
Aerolite insulation installers are well trained. Our ceiling insulation installers are continuously going through training to be sure that all ceiling insulation work is done to perfection. Our Aerolite Insulation installers are all small in stature and have been working for Roof Insulation for years. In fact our Aerolite insulation installers have insulated over 3000 homes.
Our Aerolite Insulation Installers are all fully supervised from start to finish. We have a number of ceiling insulation installers through out the country. Having the correct Aerolite insulation installers fitting your insulation means you will benefit from the comfort and energy saving for years. Having your home insulated with our Aerolite Insulation Installers will mean you have your ceiling insulation installed to perfection. This will in turn give you years of comfort and energy saving.
What is the Correct R value for the Western Cape
The correct R value for the Western Cape is 3.70 this includes ceiling and roof. This R value is important as compressing roof insulation will reduce the R value to the value of the compressed thickness. So always be sure that your ceiling insulation or roof insulation is never compressed as this will compromise the insulations effectiveness.
R value is the ability of insulation to prevent the heat gain or heat loss into the home or office block. The higher the R value the more the benefits are. In fact consumers who are wanting to install ceiling insulation that is under spec are wasting money as this will not be as effective.
In fact installing the ceiling insulation with the correct R value will give you years of benefits. Also this means your home is SANS compliant and new home buyers on the market are all aware of the legislation. So installing the correct ceiling insulation will be a benefit when selling your home one day. This is achieved with the 135mm Think Pink. Always read the Roof Insulation Specifications page to get an idea on the correct thickness for your area.
Correct R-value for Other Areas
In fact the R-value for Johannesburg and Pretoria including the Midrand is also r value 3.70. This will be achieved in the 135mm roof insulation for this product. Also as mentioned previously never compress any insulation in your roof. As the r value of the insulation will be reduced to the r value of the compressed insulation. So be sure not to place boxes and other household products that need to be stored. Rather fit some timber beams across the main beams to support the goods that need to be stored on top of this to avoid compression.
Aerolite Requires no Maintenance?
Once Installed your Aerolite needs no maintenance. In fact this ceiling insulation does not rot and will not be affected by high winds as the Ceiling Insulation is a roll form insulation. The only time you need to have your Aerolite inspected is if you have had plumbers electricians or the TV guys in the roof space. We often find that the contractors do not fit the insulation in place once they have lifted the insulation.
We would advise telling the contractors very firmly that all insulation needs to be put back in place if it is going to be lifted. In fact on completion of their work make sure to ask so that you can be sure. Not all home owners are able to crawl into the roof space. The Aerolite lifespan is 25 to 30 years.