Installing Geyser insulation is one of the best energy saving projects that can be done in your home. For a low cost of installing this you can save money on energy for many years.
- Geyser insulation CapeTown commonly known as a “geyser blanket”. Will help reduce the loss of water temperature in your geyser.
- By reducing the loss of heat in your geyser by wrapping your geyser with at least 100mm or 135mm geyser blanket insulation you will effectively reduce the number of times that the thermostat kicks in. this will save money from day one
- Be aware that fitting commercially available geyser blanket insulation is does not always work effectively as the insulation is generally DIY entry level insulation.
- It is ideal to wrap geyser with 100mm or 135mm geyser blanket insulation.
- It is a known fact that the geyser in a home will draw more electricity than most other appliances. When insulated with 135mm geyser blanket insulation the heat loss will change dramatically.
- Another very important area of heat and energy loss is the hot water pipes in your home. If all hot water pipes in your roof are wrapped with insulation. This will retain the hot water in the pipes for longer periods and help you lose less hot water on start up. You will always find depending on how far the geyser is from the hot water tap that is running it will take some time for the hot water to reach this area. Once the pipes are insulated you will use less of the hot water from your geyser to do this. Enquire about this option when installing insulation in your home.
- We install 135mm Aerolite and 145mm Isotherm insulation for our Geyser wrapping.
Save Energy with a Geyser Blanket
For a small investment geyser blanket insulation will save you money and pay for itself in 2 to 3 years. Geyser blanket insulation is simple to fit and will cost less the R 750 for most geysers and a few hundred rand for wrapping most hot water pipes in the roof depending on length of pipe. In short wrapping your geyser with insulation is a very important part of saving money and saving energy. Also beneficial are the geyser pipe insulation that will retain the warm water for longer periods.
FOR GEYSER INSULATION CAPE TOWN
Contact us for Geyser insulation assistance and advice.