ISOTHERM regarded as one of South Africa's premier Insulation products. ISOTHERM Thermal Insulation has great Thermal insulation properties. In fact, ISOTHERM is regarded as one of the most eco-friendly insulation products for roofs in SA. Read more about Specifications here.
- Dust Free and Allergy Free
- Improve Indoor Temperature by 4-8 Degrees.
- ISOTHERM has a 30-year manufacturer guarantee.
Isotherm Summer Benefits
In fact, in Summer a well-insulated home can reduce internal temperature by as much as 4-8 DegC. Reducing the need for Airconditioners.
- In summer the roof space of all homes is filled with the sun's radiant heat.
- As the day heats up so the heat in the roof space increases.
- This increase in heat becomes pressure in the roof space.
- Reaching up and touching your ceiling space you will find the ceiling to be warm to hot.
- This is like underfloor heating but above your head in summer.
- The radiant heat from the ceiling will heat up the home from the inside.
- This is not when you want to heat in your home.
- So how will the Insulation remedy this problem?
- Very simply if the Roof Insulation is installed by Expert Insulation Installers the insulation will be fitted correctly.
- In fact, all ceiling insulation must be installed directly onto the ceiling surface from above.
- If any insulation is fitted over the beams or against the roof in a normal cavity space this will be a waste of money.
- All Ceiling Insulation types must be fitted directly onto the ceiling for the best benefit.
- The Ceiling Insulation will reduce the heat flow from the roof space via the ceiling from entering the home.
- This will reduce the heat flow by as much as 90%. Making the home cooler in summer by as much as 4 to 8 degrees C on very hot days.
- In fact, on its own will reduce the need for air conditioners. In effect saving money on cooling.
Isotherm Winter Benefits
Homes Insulated with SANS compliant Isotherm Ceiling Insulation will have an improved temperature of 4-8 degrees. Reducing the use of heating in the home.
- The roof space of the home is freezing cold in winter.
- As we know cold air sinks.
- In fact, any form of heating in the home in winter is almost wasted unless one is sitting next to the heat source.
- This, in fact, is why the cost of heating is increased substantially in winter.
- A well Insulated home with the 145mm Isotherm will reduce the heat loss in the home substantially.
- The Roof Insulation creates a barrier between the freezing cold roof and the warmer home.
- As a result, the home will be up to 4-8 degrees warmer in winter.
- In the event that heating is used for more comfort, the home space will warm up and retain this heat for hours thereafter.
- On cold rainy days, curtains or blinds must be closed.
- This will create an insulation barrier between the cold windows and the warmer interior.
- The opposite must be implemented when the suns rays are filtering into a room open curtains and blinds.
- This will warm up the room and the heat will not be lost through the ceiling space.
- When lighting a fire in the home or another heat source the heat will quickly heat up the interior and shift towards the rest of the home.
- In uninsulated homes, the heat from the heat source is localized and must be fueled regularly to maintain a suitable temperature in the home.
10 Isotherm Ceiling Insulation Benefits
There are so many Ceiling insulation benefits. However, we will mention just a few that are important. As we know Ceiling insulation in South Africa is now compulsory in all new homes. The benefits of Insulation for the Roof are based on the correct thickness of Insulation and the correct R-value. What is the correct thickness of Insulation to install in the Cape?
- Dust Free: ISOTHERM is Dust free smooth to touch and even cuddle.
- Allergy Free: Because this is a polyester insulation it is dust free and allergy free with no harmful additives or chemicals
- Cool in Summer: Reduce the heat flow from the ceiling entering the home. The ceiling is like underfloor heating but above your head.
- Warm in Winter: Up to 85% of the warm air in the home that rises will not be lost through the ceiling space.
- Save Energy: By reducing the amount of heating and cooling in the home. ISOTHERM will pay for itself in two or three years.
- Acoustic Properties: Great acoustic reduce the noise pollution in your home.
- SANS Compliant: The 145mm ISOTHERM is SANS compliant as per the new legislation. Use the correct R-value for your region.
- Can't Burn: ThE ISOTHERM Insulation has no fire retardants as it will not sustain a flame. The insulation has a Great fire rating class BB 1/2.
- Life Long Energy Saving: Roof Insulation that will outlast the lifespan of most homes
- Isotherm Guarantee: ISOTHERM carries a 30-year manufacturer guarantee when installed correctly
- All our ISOTHERM installers are fully supervised from start to finish on all our Installations.
- An average Three bedroom family home will take approximately one and a half to two hours for installation.
- All our workers are fully covered by comprehensive insurance.
- Our Insulation installers are well trained and are all permanent staff.
- In some cases with flat roofs and noo crawl space, we bring our roofing staff and lift sheets or tiles and reseal.
- Roof Insulation Cape Town only installs the best Insulation products on the market.
- Factory roof space is installed as a retrofit from the inside.
- All our workmanship is guaranteed.
- Payment options Credit Card facilities / EFT / or Cash.
- For more information on this insulation Read More On Roof Insulation Specifications.
This insulation is very popular as the insulation is pleasant to touch. In fact, this is mostly because this Insulation is dust free allergy free and itch free. This makes the insulation a pleasure to use as there is no itch factor. As the Insulation is manufactured from PET bottles.
Isotherm Roof Insulation
This insulation is perfect for Roofing Insulation.
- In fact, the 145mm Isotherm is SANS compliant for the entire Western Cape, Johannesburg and Pretoria.
- Isotherm Roof Insulation product is available in a number of thicknesses. So for the DIY homeowner, it is ideal as the insulation comes in two widths 750mm wide as well as 1200mm wide.
- The 750mm wide rolls are perfect for tiled roofs.
- So for the DIY homeowner, it is ideal as the insulation comes in two widths 750mm wide as well as 1200mm wide.
- This 750mm wide roll is perfect for tiled roofs. In fact, this way DIY installers are forced to install the insulation full width of the beams because the width is already pre-cut.
Isotherm Loft Room Insulation
- The Polyester Type insulation is perfect for Loft Room Insulation.
- In fact, this insulation is our product of choice for Loft Room Insulation.
- The 30-year manufacturer guarantee means that the Loft Room will be cool for many years.
- Roof Insulation specializes in Loft Room Insulation.
- All Loft Room must have insulation installed on top of the ceiling as well as the sloped section and the side walls.
- This will make any Loft Room a pleasure to live in.
- In fact temperature of up to 12 degrees C.
- Ideally, the side walls will have the insulation wired at 300mm intervals.
Isotherm Sound Proofing Insulation
- In fact, this insulation is not the best for soundproofing unless a number of layers are installed.
- The insulation does not have a very good NRC Noise Reduction Coefficient.
- This insulation will make a difference in sound reduction.
- However, the Aerolite 135mm has the best NRC 1.1. This would then be our insulation of choice for soundproofing.
Isotherm Dry Wall Insulation
- Polyester Insulation is ideal for drywall insulation.
- The American style wooden homes are well suited for this Roof Insulation product.
- In fact, homes that have Insulation installed in the exterior wall are far more energy efficient than homes that are built of brick.
- The brick wall will absorb heat in summer and lose heat in winter.
- Wooden homes are far more energy efficient as the insulation in the walls has thermal insulation properties that reduce heat flow.
Get The Best Out Of Your Isotherm
The Isotherm Ceiling Insulation is the best investment for any homeowner. Let's look at some ways to help you get the absolute best out of your insulation. Not all homes have double glazed windows, this would be first prize. Let us look at homes that have air leaks, now this is a problem in winter. It is one thing having your Insulation installed but you don't want cold air coming into the home.
Try and seal all windows and doors from air leakage. Wooden windows must be revamped or us rubber seal to stop the cold air entering the home. Also, long door sealers can be fitted to the base of the doors to prevent cold air blowing into the home.
On very cold days if you have very heavy curtains that are great as they will act as an insulation against cold windows. Keep all window curtains drawn so that the warm air is not lost to the cold window.
Thermal Insulation for roofs is very important to reduce the loss of energy. This, in turn, helps save money and reduces the impact of Global Warming. As we know Climate change has had a massive impact on our planet as a result of energy consumption and many other factors.
Of course in summer if you are out close curtains in rooms where the sun will shine through to get the best results. When you get home open windows and allow a draft through the home. All unwanted heat will follow the path of least resistance and flow out of the home.
What is Isotherm Insulation?
The Isotherm insulation is a polyester insulation manufactured from PET plastic bottles. This product is a Thermal Insulation product that can also be used inside walls such as loft rooms.
In fact, as ceiling insulation, his product is one of the most highly rated insulated products. The insulation is manufactured to the highest standards including SABS.
As we know insulation is not usually user-friendly. Most insulation types have a host of chemicals and side effects, This insulation product is perfect for any home. In fact, your two-year-old can play with this insulation. One of the best insulation for ceilings in SA.
Dust Free Allergy Free Insulation
In fact of all insulation products on the market, I don’t know of any that are as user-friendly. This product is dust free and allergy free for those that allergies. Many people today suffer from all type of allergies. This fact has made this insulation so popular.
Isotherm Roof Insulation is Eco-friendly
Manufactured from pollution that will affect the earth and ocean for many years. This insulation is regarded as one of the most Eco-friendly ceiling insulation products on the market. Soft smooth feel. There is no itch and no fuss with Polyester Insulation. Many insulation products claim to be eco-friendly but they have a host of chemicals in them. In fact, Isotherm itself can be recycled.
Isotherm 30-year Guarantee
In fact, because of the products used to manufacture this Insulation it has a 30-year manufacturer guarantee. Unlike most Insulation types and especially the blow in type paper insulation products with a very short Installed lifespan because of the fire retardant properties dissipating in a few short years. All Isotherm Insulation Products are covered by the warranty.
Most manufacturers will give a 5 to 10-year guarantee as they find it difficult to achieve a stable Roof Insulation product that is still in place and has not shifted significantly with the wind as with finely shredded paper. The 145mm Insulation in the Isotherm Rage is SANS compliant for the Western Cape.
Isotherm Areas Covered By Roof Insulation Western Cape
- Roof Insulation Installers throughout the entire Western Cape Region including Northern Suburbs and Southern Suburbs in Cape Town. This coverage continues all the way to Paarl, Wellington as well as the entire Karoo region.
KZN we have been in this area for more than 30 years. So that covers most of the areas that we insulate. Find A Insulation Installer near you.
Will Isotherm Burn
In fact, this insulation will not burn as this roof insulation has a bb/1/2 fire rating. The means that the insulation will not sustain a flame. In fact, even if you put a blow torch to Isotherm it will still not be able to sustain a flame. This is what makes Isotherm such a safe insulation product. In fact in most cases even if an electrical wire is burning in the roof space the insulation will help reduce the risk of fire making the home safer.
Can Isotherm Help With Condensation?
In fact, condensation is a big problem in many of the older homes in the Cape Town area. It is a known fact that the Cape area with its strong winds and driving rain is very cold in winter. This is, unfortunately, where condensation starts to play a big role.
How can we reduce the impact of condensation in our homes? Firstly start with a thick layer of 145mm Isotherm laid flat on the ceiling. This will help reduce the cold air entering the home. Secondly, seal all windows from allowing cold air into the home. Thirdly install heavy curtains and make sure they are closed properly at night.
This will reduce the levels of condensation substantially in the home. Making the home warmer in winter and giving the family a much healthier home to live in.
What Will Happen If My Isotherm Gets Wet?
In fact, there is no problem as the insulation is manufactured from PET plastic bottles. If the insulation gets wet it will not get moldy and need to be replaced in most cases. Isotherm will not gain weight and give you a ceiling collapse as the insulation has no paper in the product. The first warm day the ceiling insulation will dry naturally.
Will ISOTHERM lose its insulation properties after being wet? Absolutely not. In fact, for a short will that the water is in the little air pockets in the insulation, there will be a reduced R-value effect. However, as soon as the insulation is dry all will be back to normal. If you find that the piece that was drenched in the roof leak you may want to remove the wet piece of insulation and lay it down to dry in a warm place. Replace the Insulation in its original place after it is dry and all will be good as new.
Do Rats Nest In Isotherm
In all my years of installing roof insulation products, we have never seen the effects of rats nesting in the insulation. This could be due to the fact that the insulation has a very high tensile strength and also a high density. In fact, this insulation is almost impossible to tear along the length.
Most homes that we remove insulation because of rat infestation it is usually found in the finely shredded paper insulation products like cellulose fiber. In fact, we vacuum a lot of this insulation out of roofs with our industrial vacuum machine. At times we suck out entire rat nests sometimes with the little ones that were abandoned with the nest. This is never nice to see and when it happens it is out of our control as the nests are not always visible until the machine sucks them out. For more info on our vacuum service visit our roof vacuum page.