Isoboard Ceilings and Summit XPS Ceilings
The Isoboard and Summit XPS Ceilings are the latest fashion in homes in South Africa. Isoboard Ceilings are available in thicknesses from 25- 80mm thick, ideal for all families and households with limited ceiling volume space to achieve the correct R-value. The thickness of the ceiling boards governs the cost of Isoboard. We offer the best Isoboard price in SA.
Having Summit XPS installed is a neat and clean operation. The application is almost dust-free as there is no skimming and dust in these applications. For an average house, most homes can have ceilings installed in two to three days.
MOST ADVANCED THERMAL CEILINGS
Benefits of Summit XPS and Isoboard Ceilings
- We will complete an average bedroom of 30m2 comfortably in one day. By far the fastest Ceiling to install.
- One cant compare Isoboard Thermal Ceilings to traditional Rhinoboard types.
- No painting is needed for these ceilings as the ceilings are a fresh, clean white that does not fade.
- The only Ceiling that is also insulation. Thermal Insulation properties are excellent.
- Isoboard will outlast the lifespan of many homes.
- It is a Modern, clean ceiling.
- Isoboard XPS does not absorb water. So no stress as with traditional ceilings that absorb moisture.
- Fitting these ceilings is a clean, dust-free application, with no skimming and sanding or painting.
- Importantly installing Isoboard is quicker than traditional ceiling board applications.
- These Thermal ceilings will improve the indoor temperature in summer and winter.
What Are Isopine Ceilings?
Isopine is the name given to ceiling boards with the typical tongue and groove finish.
An Isopine Ceiling is Isoboard or XPS with the tongue and groove finish similar to the old knotty pine ceilings.
The main difference is the smooth, clean XPS rather than wood.
Types Of Isoboard Applications
- Isoboard Ceilings: Standard Ceilings as well as Exposed beams. In all new homes, as well as a retrofit in existing homes.
- Factory installation application. We have a few options for XPS Ceilings in the factory environment.
- Wall Cavity Insulation Isoboard: Ideal for all new builds to reduce Thermal Heat transfer through the brick walls.
- Under Floor Insulation: This is great to reduce the cold air below. Especially in homes built near rivers or dams.
- Between Walls: Ideal option reducing heat flow into the home in summer.
Isoboard Thermal Ceiling insulation is undoubtedly one of the best ceiling options on the market today. Significantly Isoboard Ceilings have excellent thermal insulation properties and an aesthetically pleasing good look. Unfortunately, the only downfall is that these ceilings do not reduce noise via the roof into the home.
For this reason, it would be essential to fit roof insulation with a high NRC (Noise Reduction Coefficient). For example, the New Think Pink Aerolite with TEL Fiberizing Technolgy or the Knauf Ecose Insulation will stop noise from metal roofs. Unfortunately, the Isotherm Insulation has a very low NRC. We install the new Pink Aerolite is in nightclubs and pubs as insulation and soundproofing. These thermal insulation ceilings reduce the amount of roof insulation required.
The First and Only Water Resistant Thermal Ceilings
How To Install Isoboard & Summit XPS Ceilings
Installing either Isoboard or Summit XPS is relatively simple. We would say more an advanced DIY ceiling project and more so because the cost of these ceiling boards is costly, so a mistake can be expensive.
Firstly preparing the area for the new Ceiling is essential. With a laser beam, check the section for high and low spots. Make sure the entire Ceiling will be level.
We generally fit the wooden brandering at 500mm centres. However, some installers use up to 700mm. Over several years our experience has taught us a smaller gap of 500mm is the best option.
Measure between walls and cut all XPS Ceiling boards to size. When cutting the boards to size, remove 40mm from the length for an easy fit. Place the Ceiling board between the wall, ensuring an equal gap.
The next step is essential! We must add XPS glue on all the purlins before we push the ceiling board into place.
Thirdly we need to fit the Isoboard and Summit XPS clips on alternate beams for added support.
Once completed, wash the ceiling boards with a damp cloth to remove the static and fit the cornices.
How To Install Summit XPS Between Beams?
In many new homes, we fit the Isoboard Ceilings above the beams at the building time. However, as a retrofit, we install the boards between the beams.
Importantly before fitting the XPS ceiling boards, we must first ensure that we have the correct space when securing the ceiling boards. We must ensure the gap between fastening points is no more than 400mm apart when installing Isoboard or Summit XPS ceilings.
In these applications, we will fit the boards between the beams from inside the home. In almost every roof, the gap between the beams is inconsistent. For this reason, we must measure accurately between the roof trusses for every single Summit XPS Ceiling board.
Once we have installed all the ceiling boards and are happy with the gaps on the side, we can fit the quarter round cornices. Fitting quarter round cornices takes up very little space allowing more of the wooden beam to be the feature.
In most cases, the wooden beams are painted white in advance.
Summit XPS Ceilings For Factories
As we know, factory spaces can be extremely hot in summer and cold in winter. Sadly there are not many options to reduce the indoor temperature in industrial premises.
We have found a few options that work exceptionally well in reducing the summer heat and winter chill in the industrial area through demand.
Our first option was to fit the Summit XPS Ceilings in the same fashion for traditional applications. Some of our more recent applications include the Suspended ceiling grid. In these applications, we install the ceiling boards between the main tees.
Fitting The Ceiling Boards Between Walls
To some, this may seem like madness. However, the facts are that insulated walls improve the indoor temperature in summer and winter.
When the home is at the building stage, we will fit the XPS boards between the walls in the cavity space. All buildings have a cavity space between the bricks to allow hot air to leave.
However, when we install high-density XPS, we create a thermal barrier. The thermal insulation barrier stops the heat build-up on the walls from entering the home.
XPS Under Floor Installation “Foundation”
For many, the question of underfloor insulation seems like madness. However, in some cases, it can be one of the most important.
As we know, homes near rivers or above underground water will be colder in winter. Before we lay the concrete slab, we fit either Summit XPS or Isoboard ceiling panels to reduce the flow of cold air from below.
In homes with underfloor heating, there is a substantial benefit.
We Supply and Install Isoboard
For the best Isoboard prices in the country, give us a call or fill in our contact form, and we will gladly get back to you. We stock and supply the entire range of the Isoboard content, including the clips and glue required for the application.
Fitting Isoboard Ceilings is quite simple for someone who is a bit of a handyman. However, in most cases, we suggest professional Isoboard installers install the Isoboard ceilings. Additionally, for DIY installers, we offer online support to help you on your journey.
What Makes Isoboard Ceilings Different
Isoboard is a rigid Thermal board for ceiling applications as well as wall cavity insulation.
- Firstly the Isoboard Ceiling Application is clean.
- Secondly, Isoboard has an excellent R-value.
- Isoboard has excellent Thermal Insulation properties.
- Particularly good when roof cavity space is restricted.
- The Isoboard Ceilings are a Tongue and Groove finish that has a typical high-class finish.
- The application is clean and dust-free in comparison to conventional Ceilings.
- Isoboard is perfect for retrofit applications as well as new builds.
- For retrofit applications, Isoboard is a quick clean application.
- It takes 5 hours or less to finish an average 30m2 bedroom with Isoboard.
- These XPS Ceilings do not require skimming or sanding.
- Your home remains clean and tidy with every ceiling installation.
Why Does Your Home Need Isoboard Thermal Ceilings?
Your home needs an Isoboard Thermal Ceiling to give improved indoor temperature in summer and winter. Also, XPS Thermal ceilings will outlast the lifespan of most modern homes.
The extruded Isoboard ceilings offer a high-quality, smooth sheen finish. The advantage of the smooth finish is that no painting is required.
As we know, Isoboard Ceilings have many benefits. However, the three most important reasons are as follows.
Firstly Isoboard Thermal Ceilings are the most advanced ceiling board on the market, and the thermal insulation properties are excellent. You are giving your home a lifetime of home comfort and energy saving.
Secondly, Isoboard Ceilings only absorb less than 0.5% water by volume. The XPS ceilings are a bargain when considering how many homes have ceiling damage related to roofing leaks or leaking water pipes.
Thirdly the long lifespan of XPS Thermal Ceilings will outlast the life of most homes. The modern, clean-cut look that remains fresh for many years.
We love fitting Isoboard Ceilings as they are a clean, simple ceiling option for any home or factory.
ISOBOARD XPS CEILINGS
Isoboard & Summit XPS Ceiling Board Properties
0.5% of Volume
B/B 1/2 H&V
XPS Thermal Ceiling R-value
The Isoboard products have excellent R-value properties and come with the installed R-value and the aged R-value. Installing Isoboard Ceiling means that homeowners can reduce the Roof Insulation layer installed to be SANS compliant in all new homes.
|90 Day Aged R-value
|5 Year Aged R-value
|90% RH Aged R-value