Aerolite insulation is one of the most advanced roof insulation products on the market. Obviously to get the best thermal insulation benefit installing the 135mm Aerolite insulation is the best option. The current SANS Building Legislation includes roof insulation as compulsory on all new homes as of January 2013.
Significantly the new building legislation has a look at all aspects of energy efficiency in the home, including windows and doors as well as ceiling insulation to comply with the compulsory R-value for each region in South Africa. Obviously, the 135mm Aerolite insulation is SANS compliant for the Western Cape as well as Johannesburg and Pretoria with an installed R-value 3.78. Check out our Aerolite roll prices here.
135mm Aerolite Insulation Specifications
- Fire rating: A/1 Aerolite is not combustible and will not burn.
- Density: 11.5Kg3
- Conductivity: 0.04 W/m.K
- A lifetime of energy saving.
- Exceptional thermal properties as well as acoustic benefits.
- SABS Approved.
|135mm Aerolite Insulation||Width: 1200mm||Length: 5000mm||Thermal Resistance: 3.38||Installed R-value: 3.78||NRC: 1.10|
135mm Aerolite Insulation SANS Compliant
The 135mm Aerolite not only achieves the required R-value 3.70 in fact the Think Pink Aerolite insulation exceeds the required R-value with an installed R-value 3.78. For this reason, Think Pink insulation is one of the most installed insulation materials in the country. Also, Aerolite Insulation is the only locally manufactured ceiling insulation that can be installed in Hospitals as well as Schools and Shopping malls.
Installing this 135mm roof insulation in your home will give you many years of home comfort as well as energy saving.
135mm Aerolite Benefits
- Improve indoor temperature 4 – 8 degrees in summer and winter.
- Reduce noise pollution substantially with the 135mm Aerolite Insulation. For this reason we install Aerolite for soundproofing in clubs and pubs as well as soundproofing between floors and walls.
- The A/1 fire rating gives homeowners peace of mind that their home is safe.
- Will outlast the lifespan of most homes.
- New Tel Fiberizing technology makes Aerolite one of the most advanced roof insulation products available.
- Aerolite reduces condensation in the home. However if your home has a condensation or mould problem we do recomend fitting a WhirlyBird roof ventilation unit on the roof. Roof ventilators stop cold moist air in the roof.
- Does not support vermin.