The 135mm Aerolite Insulation is SANS compliant for the Western Cape Region as well as the Johannesburg and Pretoria region. As per the SANS legislation, this will make your home SANS compliant. All new homes must install 135mm Aerolite or and alternative roof insulation product that is also SANS compliant for these areas. The R-value specifications for these areas is R-value 3.70 on all new homes or buildings. For more info on Roof insulation R-value for other areas outside of the Western Cape region, we have more info here. Read this page for more information on all Aerolite products.
135mm Aerolite Insulation
The 135mm Aerolite has an R-VALUE 3.70 when installed in the roof space. In fact, the 135mm Aerolite is the flagship roof insulation product on the Aerolite range. The Aerolite products are available in thicknesses from 50mm / 75mm / 100mm as well as the 135mm Aerolite.
- The 135mm Aerolite specifications
- Length of Roll 5000mm
- Width of Roll 1200mm
- Thickness 135mm
- R-value 3.38 including excluding roof and ceiling. Total R-value 3.78.
- NRC 1.1 Noise Reduction Coefficient. The Aerolite is great for sound proofing or reducing noise pollution.
- The Roof Insulation will not burn. Fire rating A/1 not combustible.
Aerolite Insulation is regarded as an eco-friendly Roof Insulation product. The lifespan of the Aerolite is 20 years to 25 years.
Benefits Of Aerolite
- Long Lifespan the roof insulation will last for 25 years.
- Reduce energy loss and save money on energy for years.
- Best fire rating of all insulation products. Aerolite will not burn class A/1 rating as tested by TIASA.
- SABS approved
- Cool in Summer
- Warm in Winter
The insulation must be fitted directly on the ceiling between the main beams. Please note Roof Insulation must never be installed over the main beams. This will not be beneficial as the heat build up under the insulation will increase the temperature in the home on a hot summer day.