The 135mm Aerolite Insulation is SANS compliant for the Western Cape Region as well as the Johannesburg and Pretoria region. As per the SANS legislation, this will make your home SANS compliant. In fact, all new homes must install 135mm Aerolite or and alternative Roof Insulation product that is also SANS compliant for these areas. The R-value specifications for these areas is R-value 3.70 on all new homes or buildings. For more info on Roof insulation R-value for other areas outside of the Western Cape region, we have more info here. Read this page for more information on all Aerolite products.
135mm Aerolite Insulation
The 135mm Aerolite has an R-VALUE 3.70 when installed in the roof space. In fact, the 135mm Aerolite is the flagship roof insulation product on the range. The Aerolite products are available in thicknesses from 50mm / 75mm / 100mm as well as the 135mm Aerolite.
- The Aerolite specifications
- Length of Roll 5000mm
- Width of Roll 1200mm
- Thickness 135mm
- R-value 3.38 including excluding roof and ceiling. Total R-value 3.78.
- NRC 1.1 Noise Reduction Coefficient. The Aerolite is great for soundproofing or reducing noise pollution.
- The Roof Insulation will not burn. Fire rating A/1 not combustible.
Aerolite Insulation is regarded as an eco-friendly Roof Insulation product. The lifespan of the Aerolite is 20 years to 25 years.
Benefits Of 135mm Aerolite
- Long Lifespan the roof insulation will last for 25 years.
- Reduce energy loss and save money on energy for years.
- Best fire rating of all insulation products. Aerolite will not burn class A/1 rating as tested by TIASA.
- SABS approved
- Cool in Summer
- Warm in Winter
- SANS compliant
- Aerolite Thermal Insulation
In fact, all insulation must be fitted directly on the ceiling between the main beams. Please note Roof Insulation must never be installed over the main beams. This will not be beneficial as the heat build-up under the insulation will increase the temperature in the home on a hot summer day.
135mm Aerolite Insulation For Western Cape
The correct Aerolite for the Western Cape region is the 135mm Aerolite as the R-value 3.70 is achieved with this thickness. The Aerolite 135mm Insulation is compress packed for easy loading in all LDV's. The Aerolite 135mm has a long shelf life and a long lifespan in the roof. In fact, the Aerolite 135mm has a lifespan of 25 years. This Roof Insulation will outlast the lifespan of most homes.
Applications for 135mm Aerolite
- Aerolite 135mm is ideal as a roof insulation for homes with standard trap door applications. The Aerolite is SANS compliant and is SABS approved.
- Loft Room insulation for homes with uninsulated loft space or for newly built loft rooms. The Aerolite 135mm makes a massive difference in these homes.
- Aerolite Flat Roof Insulation is a must as these areas are the hottest one will face in a home. Any home with a flat roof area will benefit significantly from having the Aerolite installed.
- Aerolite 135mm thick is also great for drywall partitioning.
- Soundproofing is also one of the very important benefits of the 135mm Aerolite. With an NRC 1.1, the 135mm Aerolite is great for soundproofing. Many homeowners have noisy neighbors or a busy highway and this insulation will reduce this noise flow substantially. In fact, we install the Aerolite in nightclubs as well as pubs to reduce noise pollution.