At this time of the year as the summer heat becomes unbearable. With global warming, we have noticed the summers getting longer and hotter. It is time to think of the summer insulation benefits and what you can do in your home to improve the situation. There are a few summer insulation benefits; however, not all work as well as expected. In this post, we will cover some of the summer insulation benefits and other ways to make your home more comfortable when the heat is dreadful.
Summer Insulation Benefits
It is a fact that roof insulation will cool your home down by 4 to 8 degrees Celsius. This may not sound like a lot; however, walking from one room to the next with a temperature drop is immediately noticeable. The correct roof insulation will cool the home down hopefully enough, so there is no need to use the services of air-conditioners. As we know, air-conditioners are heavy in the pocket.
- More relaxed home as insulation restricts the heat flow from the roof into the house.
- A cooler home is a more comfortable home.
- Sleep better at night and wake up more refreshed.
- Ceiling Insulation will save money on energy. This will happen as a result of not needing as much cooling as an uninsulated home.
- As we know, the insulation will also give great winter benefits. So you are making your home warmer in winter.
- And one of my favourite reasons to insulate being a light sleeper. Is the ability of insulation to reduce noise pollution in the home.
Best Insulation for Summer Insulation Benefits
Significantly like everything on the market, one must compare apples with apples. When it comes to roof Insulation, we only install the best products, and we only install SANS compliant insulation. SANS compliant roof insulation products are products that achieve the correct R-value for all regions.
- R-value is the essential factor to take into account when considering insulation for roofs.
- It is followed closely by the lifespan of the roof insulation.
- Also, is the roof insulation eco-friendly?
- Read up on the Insulation specifications.
What insulation products fall into this category, and how will you benefit from them?
145mm Isotherm Thermal Insulation
The 145mm Isotherm Thermal Insulation is not only one of our most popular roof insulation types. The Isotherm Insulation is the most eco-friendly product we know of. How insulation works are simple. On a hot day, the burning suns rays warm up the roof space. This, in turn, builds up pressure in the roof space, increasing the heat on the ceiling. The temperature of the ceiling space can get as hot as 50 degrees on a hot summer day. This is like underfloor heating but directly above your head. Bear in mind that long after the sun has gone down, the heat is retained in the roof space. Isotherm Thermal Insulation will reduce this heat flow by as much as 90%. This equates to excellent summer insulation benefits.
- Cool in summer
- Warm in winter
- Dust-free Isotherm Insulation
- Allergy-free Isotherm insulation
- SABS approved
- Class BB1/2 fire rating Isotherm Insulation will not sustain a flame.
- Reduce the temperature in your home by 4 to 8 degrees.
- Eco-friendly. Manufactured from PET plastic bottles is regarded as the most eco-friendly insulation product.
135mm Aerolite Insulation
The 135mm Aerolite is SANS compliant for the Western Cape and Johannesburg, and Pretoria. Aerolite is one of the oldest forms of roof insulation and has been a favourite for nearly 90 years. Aerolite is also a roll form insulation, so the insulation will not be affected by the wind like loose dust type insulation forms. So for the best summer insulation benefits, be sure to have the 135mm Aerolite installed.
- Cool in summer.
- Warm in winter
- SABS approved
- Class A/1 fire rating
- Aerolite Insulation will also reduce the temperature by 4 to 8 degrees.
Summer Insulation Benefits of Non-Compliant Insulation
There will be minimal summer insulation benefits of under specification insulation. To maximise your profits, be sure to install SANS compliant insulation for the region where you live. Having insulation installed under specification will be a waste of money as you will have minimal summer insulation benefits.