At this time of the year as the summer heat becomes unbearable. It is time to think of the summer insulation benefits and what you can do in your home to improve the situation. There are a few summer insulation benefits however not all work as well as expected. In this post, we will cover some of the summer insulation benefits. As well as other ways to make your home more comfortable when the heat is really bad. With global warming, we have noticed the summers getting longer and hotter.
Summer Insulation Benefits
It is a fact that roof insulation will cool your home down by 4 to 8 degrees Celsius. This may not sound like a lot, however, walking from one room to the next where there is a temperature drop is immediately noticeable. The correct Roof insulation will cool the home down hopefully enough so there is no need to use the services of air-conditioners. As we know air-conditioners are heavy in the pocket.
- Cooler home as insulation restricts the heat flow from the roof into the home.
- A cooler home is a more comfortable home.
- Sleep better at night and wake up more refreshed.
- Roof Insulation will save money on energy. This will happen as a result of not needing as much cooling as an uninsulated home.
- As we know the insulation will also give great winter benefits. Making your home warmer in winter.
- And one of my favourite reasons to insulate being a light sleeper. Is the ability of insulation to reduce noise pollution in the home.
Best Insulation for Summer Insulation Benefits
Importantly like everything on the market one must compare apples with apples. When it comes to roof Insulation we only install the best products and we only install SANS compliant insulation. SANS compliant roof insulation products are products that achieve the correct R-value for all regions.
- R-value is the most important factor to take into account when considering insulation for roofs.
- Followed closely by the lifespan of the roof insulation.
- Also is the roof insulation eco-friendly.
- Read up on the Insulation specifications
What insulation products fall into this category and how will you benefit from them?
145mm Isotherm Thermal Insulation
The 145mm Isotherm Thermal Insulation is not only one of our most popular roof insulation types. The Isotherm Insulation is the most eco-friendly product we know of. How the insulation works are simple. On a hot day, the hot suns rays warm up the roof space. This, in turn, builds up a pressure in the roof space increasing the heat on the ceiling. The temperature of the ceiling space can get as hot as 50 degrees on a hot summer day. This is like underfloor heating but directly above your head. Bear in mind that long after the sun has gone down the heat will be retained in the roof space. Isotherm Thermal Insulation will reduce this heat flow by as much as 90%. This equates to great summer insulation benefits.
- Cool in summer
- Warm in winter
- Dust free Isotherm Insulation
- Allergy-free Isotherm insulation
- SABS approved
- Class BB1/2 fire rating Isotherm Insulation will not sustain a flame.
- Reduce the temperature in your home by 4 to 8 degrees.
- Eco-friendly. Manufactured from PET plastic bottles is regarded as the most eco-friendly insulation product.
135mm Aerolite Insulation
The 135mm Aerolite is SANS compliant for the Western Cape and Johannesburg and Pretoria. Aerolite is one of the oldest forms of roof insulation and has been a favourite for nearly 90 years. Aerolite is also a roll form insulation so the insulation will not be affected by the wind like loose dust type insulation forms. For the best summer insulation benefits be sure to have the 135mm Aerolite installed.
- Cool in summer.
- Warm in winter
- SABS approved
- Class A/1 fire rating
- Aerolite Insulation will also reduce the temperature by 4 to 8 degrees.
Summer Insulation Benefits of Non-Compliant Insulation
There will be very little summer insulation benefits of underspecification insulation. In order to maximise your benefits be sure to install SANS compliant insulation for the region that you live in. Having insulation installed that is under specification will be a waste of money as you will have very little summer insulation benefits.